Whether students begin their Fairmont education in the 6th or 7th grade or have attended Fairmont Private Schools since preschool, our junior high program ensures high school readiness for all students.
Education is an Individualized Experience
Junior High School is a pivotal time for students both academically and socially. Our goal is to ensure a seamless transition into high school by creating confident, above-average students who will excel academically and socially.
Creating a positive learning environment starts with allowing students to discover their strengths academically and socially. Our teachers foster critical thinking, collaborative learning and problem solving skills to prepare their students for higher education.
Additionally, students are encouraged to engage in out-of-class activities and clubs. Participating in sports and extracurricular activities help students to develop essential soft skills like time management, leadership, and group dynamics. Transferable skills they will use in their professional lives.
Fairmont Junior High education offers:
- WASC and AdvancED accredited program
- Continue to enhance character, confidence, and social development.
- Personalized Attention: Academic assistance, and homework clubs help students overcome any challenges so they can achieve personal success.
- Foster social responsibility:Junior high students complete a set number of hours of annual community service.
- Character education: Incorporated into curriculum to give students a framework for making smart decisions.
- A wide variety of elective classes and extracurricular activities: Allowing students to pursue their unique passions. We believe in creating a well-rounded student.